- 2011 was marked by good growth in order intake and resilient profitability.
- Net sales totalled EUR 4,209 million.
- Order intake grew 13%.
- Profitability was 11.1% of net sales, well in line with Wärtsilä’s estimate for 2011.
- Dividend proposal: 0.90 euro per share.
"The order intake increased by 13% compared to the previous year and totalled EUR 4,516 million in 2011. The book-to-bill climbed over one for the first time since 2008."
- Raimo Lind, Executive Vice President, CFO
"I am especially pleased with the continued strength of our order intake and also with the resilience shown in reaching our profitability targets. After a very strong fourth quarter, we managed to fulfill our order intake target and reached 11.1% profitability."
- Björn Rosengren, President & CEO
We expect our net sales for 2012 to grow by 5-10% and our operational profitability (EBIT% before non-recurring items) to be 10-11%. These estimates take into account the impact of the Hamworthy acquisition, which is expected to become effective on 31 January 2012.